Hockaday announces changes, new ways of staying connected
The Hockaday Museum of Art museum galleries are closed to the public and all tours, classes, events and programs have been postponed through April 18.
Any additional changes twill be announced through the museum’s e-newsletter, social media (Facebook and Instagram) and website, hockadaymuseum.org.
“Although our doors may be temporarily closed, we remain actively committed to sharing arts and culture with you. Now more than ever, our community needs the healing and restorative inspiration of art to unite us during this difficult time,” a press release stated.
Here are some of the ways the Hockaday will continue to do this:
• All staff will be working hard behind the scenes (remotely from home) to plan for our upcoming programs, exhibitions, and events.
• Maintaining an active, online presence with Facebook live tours and talks, collection highlights on Instagram, at-home art education resources, and more. Stay tuned!
• Publishing and distributing the Hockaday’s 2019 annual report to members and supporters.
• Publishing Art Matters quarterly newsletter (digital version) to share all our exciting upcoming spring and summer programs.
• Working on the upcoming fundraiser and event, Plein Air Paint Out, June 19-27.
• Planning a new event fundraiser, “Montana Is My Home,” a special limited seat outdoor dinner and concert with musician Bruce Anfinson on June 13.
“We also recognize that some of those most affected by the coronavirus closures are living artists who depend on the face-to-face connections from art fairs, visitor attendance at exhibitions, art auctions, and personal meetings with collectors and curators, much of which has been canceled,” the release stated. “For this reason, the Hockaday has launched a “Meet a Montana Artist” a special virtual campaign to help promote local visual artists, beginning now and until the facility reopens. Any artists from the Flathead area can send us an submission and will feature them on our Facebook and Instagram. Send the following materials:
1. A jpg selfie or headshot
2. 1-2 jpg images of their recent work
3. 50-word bio, or 20-30 second video clip to share
4. Website/contact information
Email your submissions to email@example.com, or message us on Facebook. While we are closed, please sign up for our e-newsletter and like us on Facebook to keep in touch.