The Montana High Tech Business Alliance has announced a list of eight Montana High-Growth Companies to Watch in 2019.
This is the third year the organization has recognized emerging stars in Montana’s booming technology and manufacturing industries.
The eight new companies on this year’s list bolster the narrative of the flourishing tech industry in Montana. A 2019 survey conducted by the University of Montana Bureau of Business and Economic Research found Alliance member companies are growing faster than ever – nine times the overall Montana economy – and expect to add 1,700 new jobs this year that pay twice the median wage. The high-growth companies to watch list highlights high-potential companies for job seekers, business leaders, and investors.
The Alliance asked experts at Next Frontier Capital, Frontier Angels, Montana Manufacturing Extension Center, MSU Blackstone LaunchPad, UM Blackstone LaunchPad, and Early Stage Montana to nominate fast-growing companies around Montana.
To select the eight finalists, the Alliance identified companies with five or more employees that fit at least two of the following criteria:
• Plan to expand operations or add a significant number of jobs in the coming year;
• Steep revenue growth and/or are working in a high-growth sector;
• Poised to launch high-potential products or services
• Own or are developing valuable intellectual property;
• Recently landed major clients or entered new markets;
• Have management teams led by experienced entrepreneurs or top experts in their fields;
• Recently secured significant investment.
The eight Montana High-Growth Companies to Watch in 2019 are:
• Alosant, Bozeman
• Alter Enterprise, Missoula
• DataSmart Health Solutions, Missoula
• Figure, Bozeman and Helena
• MyVillage, Bozeman
• Superior Traffic Services, Missoula
• Vision Aerial, Bozeman
• XY Planning Network/AdvicePay, Bozeman
Company profiles are hosted at http://mthightech.org/montana-growth-companies-2019/
“Montana’s 2019 high-growth companies are transforming a wide variety of sectors from health care, childcare and financial services to construction and drones,” said Christina Henderson, executive director of the Montana High Tech Business Alliance. “The founders on this list bring a wealth of experience from around the globe, but have chosen Montana as the best place to launch their businesses. Each week, Montana companies announce substantial investments and hiring plans that promise to keep the trend of tech and manufacturing growth rising in the state.”
According to a 2017 report funded by the Ewing Marion Kauffman Foundation, Montana boasts a high level of entrepreneurship, dense networks of support, global businesses, high quality workforce, and high quality of life that make it a unique hotbed of startup activity.
The Montana High Tech Business Alliance is a statewide membership organization made up of more than 370 high tech and manufacturing firms and affiliates.