• Flathead County Water and Sewer District-Evergreen board meets 7 a.m., District Office, 130 Nicholson Drive.
• Columbia Falls Women’s Connection luncheon, 11:30 a.m., North Valley Hospital Community Room, 235 Nucleus Ave., Columbia Falls. Speakers are Angie from Angie’s Greenhouse and Stacy Lujan. Cost $8 per person. Free child care by reservation. Call Candy, 387-4119; or Janet, 892-3621. Affiliated with Stonecroft Ministries.
• Home Options grief presentation and guided talk, noon to 1 p.m., Kalispell Regional Medical Center conference center. Free. Public invited.
• Flathead Valley Parkinson’s Support Group meets 3-4:30 p.m., Gateway Community Center, north conference room, Kalispell. Speaker is Jacklyn McDonald, speech language pathologist from KRMC Outpatient Rehabilitation. All welcome. Call Marjory, 406-250-5577.
• Whitefish Women of the Moose monthly meal, 5-7 p.m., Moose Lodge, 230 W. 10th St. Turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, vegetable, dessert. For reservations, call Carol by Nov. 18, 260-8493.
• Volunteer/donor appreciation event for Northwest Montana Forest Fire Lookout Association, 5-7 p.m., Kalispell Brewing. All welcome.
• Coffee with the Chief of Police Doug Overman, Senior Sgt. Allen Bardwell and Detective Michelle O’Neil, 5:30 p.m., Sykes, 202 Second Ave. W., Kalispell. Public welcome.
• Lakeside QRU board meets 7 p.m., Lakeside Community Room. Call Lois Lauman, 253-2841.
• Artists and Craftsmen of the Flathead meet at 7 p.m. at Flathead Building Association, 309 S. Main St., Kalispell. Election of officers will take place.
• Kalispell Public Schools Policy and Communications Committee meets 8:30 a.m., superintendent’s office. IT Committee meets 8:30 a.m. IT office.
• Red Cross blood drive, 11 a.m. to 5:30 p.m., The Wave, Whitefish.
• Flathead Special Education Cooperative Executive Council meets at 12:30 p.m., Gateway Community Center, Kalispell. Call 257-1857.
• Friendship Force Flathead Valley meets at Vista Linda Restaurant, Somers. Social time 5-6 p.m. Business meeting follows. Carole Jorgenson presents a program on her travels to Mongolia and Siberia. Learn about unique travel experiences and opportunities. Call Priscilla, 250-3583.
• Marion Fire District board meets 5 p.m., Marion Community Center, 180 Gopher Lane, Marion.
• Polson Chamber of Commerce Splash, 5-7 p.m., Miracle of America Museum, 36094 Memory Lane, Polson. Open to public. Call 883-5969.
• Canyon Community Thanksgiving Dinner, 5:30-6:30 p.m. Hungry Horse School. Turkey with all trimmings and pumpkin pie. All welcome. Call Flo, 250-3406; or Luann, 261-1083.
• Friends of the Flathead Avalanche Center free one-hour avalanche awareness talk, 6:30 p.m., Whistling Andy, Bigfork.
• Community Forum for search for new school superintendent, 4:30-6:30 p.m., Kalispell Middle School Cafetorium.
• John Fraley presents stories from his recent book, “Rangers, Trappers and Trailblazers,” and his new release, “A Woman’s Way West, 20th anniversary edition,” 7 p.m., North Valley Community Center, 235 Nucleus Ave., Columbia Falls. Book signing follows.
• Annual Showcase of the Chefs gourmet dinner and auction, The Lodge at Whitefish Lake. Tickets available at Sportsman and Ski Haus, Great Northern Cycle & Ski and the Lodge at Whitefish Lake. Fundraiser for Flathead Valley Ski Education Foundation. Call Tim Hinderman, 406-885-2730.
• Kalispell Public Schools Finance and Operations Committee meets 7:30 a.m., district office basement meeting room.
• Red Cross blood drives: 9:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. U.S. Forest Service; 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. at the center, 126 N. Meridian Road, Kalispell.
• Glacier Pachyderm Club meets noon to 1 p.m., Sykes, Kalispell. Speaker is Flathead County District Court Judge Dan Wilson; www.gcpachy.org
• Smith Valley School annual pie bingo, 6 p.m., Kalispell. Full concessions available.
• Kila Country Church annual Christmas craft and bake sale, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., 150 Cottage Lane, Kila. Lunch available 11:30 a.m. to 2 p.m.
• Red Cross blood drives: 11:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saint John Paul II Church, Bigfork, sponsored by Knights of Columbus; 1-6 p.m. at the center, 126 N. Meridian Road, Kalispell.
• City of Kalispell Impact Fee Advisory Committee meets 4 p.m., City Hall Chambers, 201 First Ave. E., Kalispell. Often to public.
• Flathead Conservation District business meeting 7 p.m., 133 Interstate Lane, in Evergreen. Call 752-4220.
“No man remains quite what he was when he recognizes himself.” — Thomas Mann, German author (1875-1955).
• Red Cross blood drive, noon to 5 p.m., New Life Church, Polson.
• Medicare 101 class, 1-3 p.m., Flathead County South Campus, 40 11th St. W., Kalispell. Representatives guide through health insurance basics. Cost is $10. Call 758-5730.
• Flathead County Solid Waste District board meets 3 p.m., landfill office.
• Lakeside-Somers Chamber of Commerce BASH, 4-5 p.m. Harbor Grille, 7135 U.S. 93, Lakeside. Free for chamber members; $5 nonmembers.
• West Shore community dinner, 5-6 p.m., 238 Adams St., Lakeside, across from Lakeside Elementary. Menu features Stageline Pizza. Free. Families welcome.
• Light Up Evergreen tree lighting and pie auction, 5-7 p.m., The Hardware Store, 2148 U.S. 2 E., Kalispell. Appetizers, beverages. Call 885-1212.
• Kalispell Public Schools district board work session 6 p.m., Flathead High School Flex Room.
A LOOK AHEAD
• Red Cross blood drive, noon to 5 p.m. Nov. 27, at the center, 126 N. Meridian Road, Kalispell.
• Pocketstone Cafe hosts a free Thanksgiving dinner Nov. 28, 444 Electric Ave., Bigfork. Three seatings available: 11 a.m. 12:15 and 1:30 p.m. Call 837-7223 for reservations.
• Red Cross blood drive, 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Nov. 29, at the center, 126 N. Meridian Road, Kalispell.
• Artists and Craftsmen of the Flathead annual Christmas at the Fairgrounds, 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Nov. 29 and 30; 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Dec. 1, Trade Center Building, Flathead County Fairgrounds, Kalispell. Free admission. Door prizes. Food trucks on site.
• OptOutside hike, 11 a.m. Nov. 29, Big Mountain Trailhead, Whitefish Trail. Easy 3-mile hike. Free. Open to all ages. Free snowshoe rentals if needed. To reserve yours, call 862-3880.
• Troy 88th annual Christmas Tree lighting and community event, 4:30-7 p.m. Nov. 30. Kids’ games, Christmas skits in Lincoln Theater. Santa arrives 5:55 p.m. Tree lighting 6 p.m.
• Acoustic guitarist John Floridis presents his annual Carols and Songs of Winter concert 4 p.m. Dec. 1, Whitefish United Methodist Church, 1150 Wisconsin Ave., Whitefish. Free will offering benefits Neighbors in Need, providing emergency services to local individuals and families.
• 33rd annual Chocolate Extravaganza, 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. Dec 3, Red Lion Hotel Kalispell. Tickets on Eventbrite.
• Expressive art therapy gathering to help cope with grief, 4-5 p.m. Dec. 3, Home Options, Kalispell. RSVP to 751-4254.
• Bigfork County Water & Sewer District board meets 6 p.m. Dec. 4, Bigfork Water & Sewer District Office, 108 Harbor Heights Blvd. in Bigfork. Public welcome.
• Evergreen Chamber of Commerce holiday gathering, 5 p.m., Dec. 5, Red Lion Hotel Kalispell. Social hour, silent and live auctions, entertainment. RSVP by Nov. 18 to 885-1212.
• Kalispell Art Walk and Holiday Stroll, 5-9 p.m. Dec. 6, downtown. Crown of the Continent Choir sings Christmas carols at 6 p.m. for tree lighting ceremony at Depot Park. Enter to win one of several $100.00 gift certificates
• Annual holiday bazaar 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Dec. 7, Whitefish Community Center, 121 E. Second St. Jewelry, candles, kids’ clothes, baked goods, knits, photography and more. Free coffee and cookies. Free admission.
• West Shore Holidayfest, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Dec. 7, Lakeside Elementary School. Handcrafted gifts, silent auction, basket raffles, local Christmas trees, bake sale, kids only market, Santa photos, Festival of Flavors, live music.
• Col. Scott Wheeler (Ret.) will be speaking on International Relations. Trinity Lutheran School annual bazaar, 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Dec. 7, 485 Fifth Ave. WN, Kalispell. Handmade items, raffles, games.
• NW Montana Veterans Camp Ponderosa informational meeting, 3-5 p.m. Dec. 7, Swan Valley Community Hall, 115 Swan River Road, Bigfork. Veterans, families and all interested welcome. Light refreshments. Call Cinnamon Davis-Hall, community outreach specialist, 756-7304.
• West Valley School board meets 5 p.m. Dec. 9.
• Traumatic Brain Injury Support Group Christmas party, 5 p.m. Dec. 9, Bohemian Hall, Whitefish. Survivors, family, friends are welcome. Refreshments. Call Jennifer, 756-4725.
• Cone with a Cop with Kalispell Middle School Resource Officer Justin Turner, 5:30-7:30 p.m. Sweet Peaks Ice Cream, Kalispell. Free ice cream.
• Flathead-Kootenai Chapter of Montana Wilderness Association, 6-8:30 p.m. Dec. 16, Northwest Montana History Museum, 124 Second Ave. E., Kalispell. Story slam contest for $100 cash prize. RSVP to impact.wildmontana.org
• Medicare 101 class, 1-3 p.m. Dec. 17, Flathead County South Campus, 40 11th St. W., Kalispell. Representatives guide through health insurance basics. Cost is $10. Call 758-5730.
• Flathead Special Education Cooperative Executive Council meets at 12:30 p.m. Dec. 19, Gateway Community Center, Kalispell. Call 257-1857.
• West Valley School board meets 5 p.m. Jan. 13.
• Flathead Special Education Cooperative Executive Council meets at 12:30 p.m. Jan. 23, Gateway Community Center, Kalispell. Call 257-1857.
• West Valley School board meets 5 p.m. Feb. 10.
• Flathead Special Education Cooperative Executive Council meets at 12:30 p.m. Feb. 20, Gateway Community Center, Kalispell. Call 257-1857.
• West Valley School board meets 5 p.m. March 9.
• Flathead Special Education Cooperative Executive Council meets at 12:30 p.m. March 19, Gateway Community Center, Kalispell. Call 257-1857.
• West Valley School board meets 5 p.m. April 13.
• Flathead Special Education Cooperative Executive Council meets at 12:30 p.m. April 16, Gateway Community Center, Kalispell. Call 257-1857.
• West Valley School board meets 5 p.m. May 11.
• Flathead Special Education Cooperative Executive Council meets at 12:30 p.m. May 21, Gateway Community Center, Kalispell. Call 257-1857.
• West Valley School board meets 5 p.m. June. 8
• Whitefish Woody Weekend June 26-28, The Lodge at Whitefish Lake.