• Evergreen Disposal will be running normal routes. Have containers out by 6 a.m. for pick up.
• AARP Driver Safety Course, 8 a.m. to noon, Troy United Methodist Church; $20 fee ($15 for AARP card-holding members.) Call 293-0100.
• AARP Driver Safety Course, 8:30 a.m. to 1 p.m., Libby Christian Church; $20 fee ($15 for AARP card-holding members.) Call 283-7000.
• Swan River School annual Veterans Day assembly, 8:30-9:30 a.m., Swan River School gymnasium. Veterans Day dinner, 5-7 p.m. in the school cafeteria. Turkey, potatoes, vegetables, salad, dessert. All veterans and community members welcome.
• Glacier High School annual Veterans Day assembly, 9:30 a.m., school gym. Public invited.
• Columbia Falls High School annual Veterans Day assembly, 10 a.m., school gym. Public invited.
• Bigfork High School annual Veterans Day assembly at 10 a.m., school gym. All veterans and public welcome. Refreshments will be served afterward for veterans and their guests.
• Whitefish High School annual Veterans Day Assembly, 10:30 a.m., school gym. Orchestra, band and choir will perform. Guest speaker is Dr. Craig Lambrecht. Refreshments. Public and veterans encouraged to attend.
• Daughters of the American Revolution, Chief Ignace Chapter, meet for lunch and business meeting, noon to 3 p.m. Program is “Tomb of the Unknown Soldier.” Contact Cate for directions, 755-6781.
• Red Cross blood drive, 1-6 p.m., at the center, 126 N. Meridian Road, Kalispell.
• Lakeside Elementary School Veterans Day Program 2 p.m. . All veterans and community members welcome.
• Flathead County Veterans’ Memorial Bridge dedication of South Fork Bridge, 2 p.m., at the turnout 500 feet west of the bridge on the south side of U.S. 2 East. Contact Sen. Dee Brown, 387-9494.
• West Valley School board meets 5 p.m.
• Somers School District board Policy Committee meets 5:30 p.m., Somers Middle School.
• Traumatic Brain Injury Support Group meets 6-8 p.m., The Summit, Kalispell. Julie Tickle from Dream Adaptive talks about its programs. Survivors, family, friends are welcome. Refreshments. Call Jennifer, 756-4725.
• Columbia Falls School board meets at 6 p.m.
• Flathead Audubon presents Charles van Rees, naturalist/conservation biologist at Flathead Lake Biological Station on “Saving ‘Alae ‘Ula, Hawaii’s Endangered Swamp Chicken,” 7 p.m., Gateway Community Center Meeting Room, 1203 U.S. 2 W., Kalispell. Free. Public invited.
• National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI)/Local Advisory Council meets 1 p.m., Literacy Center of Northwest Montana, Gateway Community Center, Kalispell. Call 854-2323.
• Swan River School board meets 4 p.m.
• Kalispell Public Schools district board meets 6 p.m., Flathead High School Flex Room.
• Kila School board meets 6 p.m.
• Somers Rural Fire District board meets 6 p.m., Lakeside Fire Station, 125 Bills Road.
• Back Country Horsemen of the Flathead host a dinner and general meeting at the Fish, Wildlife and Parks Building, 490 Meridian Road, Kalispell. Doors open 6:15 p.m. for dinner and slideshow presentation. Ham provided; bring a side dish. Meeting begins 7:30 p.m. All interested welcome. Call Ed Langlois, 885-3560.
• Deer Park School board meets at 6:30 p.m.
• Flathead Conservation District 310 Stream Permit meeting 7 p.m., 133 Interstate Lane, in Evergreen. Call 752-4220.
• Red Cross blood drive, noon to 4:15 p.m., Homewood Suites, Kalispell
• Kalispell Public Schools Personnel Committee meets 3 p.m., district office basement meeting room.
• Habitat for Humanity of Flathead Valley home dedication, 5:30 p.m., 11314, 1318 and 1322 Sixth Ave. W., Kalispell. Light appetizers and beverages. Public invited.
• Evergreen School District board meets 6:30 p.m.
• Bigfork County Water & Sewer District board meets 7 p.m., Bigfork Water & Sewer District Office, 108 Harbor Heights Blvd. in Bigfork. Public welcome.
• Creston School board meets 7 a.m.
• AARP Driver Safety Course, 10 a.m. to 2:30 p.m., Eureka High School. Call 283-6444.
• International Gift Festival at Mountain View Mennonite Church, 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. today and Nov. 15; 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Nov. 16, 795 Mennonite Church Road. Fair trade gifts and products, international flavors in the village cafe, children’s activities 3:30-5:30 p.m. Documentary, “This is my Story,” 7 pm Thursday; Crown of the Continent Choir performs at 7 p.m. Friday.
“Not doing more than the average is what keeps the average down.” — William M. Winans, American clergyman (1788-1857).
• Red Cross blood drive, 10 a.m. to 3:30 p.m., Libby Christian School.
• FVCC offers free workshop to help college-bound students/families complete federal financial aid forms (FAFSA), 2-8 p.m., Broussard Family Library and Learning Commons. Call 756-3849. Staff will assist and answer questions about college application process.
• Mission Mountain Audubon meets 7 p.m., Polson City Library meeting room. Josh Covill presents a program and photos on “Birding Bolivia and Chile.” Free. All welcome.
• Immanuel Lutheran Communities’ annual holiday bazaar, 9 a.m. to 3 p.m., Immanuel Skilled Care Center, 185 Crestline Ave., Kalispell. Homemade lefse, cinnamon rolls and gifts.
• International Gift Festival at Mountain View Mennonite Church, 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. today; 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Nov. 16, 795 Mennonite Church Road. Fair trade gifts and products, international flavors in the village cafe, children’s activities 3:30-5:30 p.m. Crown of the Continent Choir performs at 7 p.m. today.
• Red Cross blood drives: 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. at the center, 126 N. Meridian Road, Kalispell; 10 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Eureka High School.
• Kalispell Public Schools Governance Committee meets 10 a.m., superintendent’s office.
• Flathead Chapter of National Active and Retired Federal Employees meets at 11:30 a.m., Perkins Restaurant, Kalispell. Speaker from Blue Cross Blue Shield will present on Open Season options.
Girls Fun Night – Argentina for girls 5 to 14, 6 to 9 p.m., Whitefish Assembly, 150 Lamb Lane. Argentinian food, games, activities, crafts. Donations of coins welcome to raise money for Coins for Kids, Boys and Girls Missionary Challenge and World Missions. Call Whitefish Assembly at 862-4039 or text 406-890-9841 by Nov. 13 to participate.
A LOOK AHEAD
• AARP Driver Safety Course, 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Nov. 16, The Summit, Kalispell. $20 fee ($15 for AARP card-holding members.) Call 751-4500.
• International Gift Festival at Mountain View Mennonite Church, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Nov. 16, 795 Mennonite Church Road. Fair trade gifts and products, international flavors in the village cafe, children’s activities 3:30-5:30 p.m. Crown of the Continent Choir performs at 7 p.m. today.
• Bowl for Kids’ Sake Nov. 17, Pick’s Bowling Center, Bigfork. Theme is “Back to the ‘80s.” Put together a team of 4-6 players. Fundraiser for Big Brothers Big Sisters of Flathead County. Go to bbbsfc.org/bfks2019 to register.
• Flathead County Republican Women meet noon to 1 p.m. Nov. 18, Hampton Inn, Kalispell. Guest speaker is Sen. Al Olszewski. Call Heidi Roedel, 270-5606.
• Red Cross blood drives Nov. 18: 1-6 p.m. at the center, 126 N. Meridian Road, Kalispell; 1-6 p.m. Trinity Lutheran Church.