• Flathead County Water and Sewer District-Evergreen board meets 7 a.m., District Office, 130 Nicholson Drive.
• Red Cross blood drive, noon to 5 p.m., Glacier National Park.
• Flathead Electric Cooperative open house, 4:30-6:30 p.m., Libby office, 121 W. Fourth St. Talk with board members, check out electric vehicles, light appetizers, Chance to win $500 bill credit. Games and prizes for kids.
• Learn about wildfires and precautions with one-hour film “The Era of Megafires,” 6:30 p.m., Montana House, Apgar Village, Glacier Park. Refreshments. Free. Public invited. RSVP to 888-5393.
• Flathead Democrats monthly education series titled “Why Both Liberals and Conservatives Should Support Progressive Taxation and Progressive Tax System,” by Dan Bucks, former Montana Revenue director, 7 p.m., Room 204, Arts and Technology Building, FVCC. Public invited.
• Somers/Lakeside Volunteer Fire Department community meeting for the Somers/Lakeside fire bond, 7 p.m., Somers Fire Hall, 27 Leslie Ave.
• Red Cross blood drives: 10:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Marion Fire District; 1-6 p.m. at the center, 126 N. Meridian Road, Kalispell.
• Glacier Park artist-in-residence Ben Cosgrove presents a program titled “New Music of the American Landscape,” noon to 1 p.m., West Glacier Community Building, 162 Mather Drive. Free.
• Alzheimer’s Association presents “Healthy Living for Your Brain & Body,” 1-2:30 pm., Kalispell Senior Center. Free. Open to public. RSVP requested to the Alzheimer’s Association at 800-272-3900.
• Bigfork Land Use Advisory Committee meets 4 p.m. Downstairs of Bethany Lutheran Church, 8559 Montana 35, Bigfork. Call Shelley Gonzales, 837-5346.
• Canyon Community Dinner, 5:30-6:30 p.m. Hungry Horse School. All welcome. Call Flo, 250-3406; or Luann, 261-1083.
• Marion Fire District board meets 6 p.m., Marion Community Center, 180 Gopher Lane, Marion.
• Somers Fire Department holds a community informational event regarding the bond and plans for the new Somers Fire Hall, 7 p.m., 27 Lesley Ave., Somers.
• Kalispell Parks and Recreation’s Tour of the Trees, 7 p.m. starting at Lagoon Pavilion, Woodland Park. Call 758-7718.
• Flathead Democrats hosts a Presidential Debate watch party (round 2), 7-0 p.m., Hampton Inn, Kalispell. Public invited. Call Lynn Stanley, 471-8317.
• Red Cross blood drives: 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. at the center, 126 N. Meridian Road, Kalispell; 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Flathead Health Department.
• Whitefish Woody Weekend today through Sunday, Lodge at Whitefish Lake. Public invited to tour classic, antique wooden boats at docks 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. Saturday. Public boat rides during day; Tim 862-5085.
• Flathead Audubon birding field trip to Swan Rfuge wetlands 8 a.m. to noon. Trip limited to 15. To sign up, call Cory Davis, 257-3166.
• Whitefish Woody Weekend today, Sunday, Lodge at Whitefish Lake. Public invited to tour classic, antique wooden boats at docks beginning 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. today. Public boat rides during day. Call Tim, 862-5085.
• Family fly fishing experience, 10 a.m. to 3 p.m., Glacier Outdoor Center, 12400 U.S. 2. E, West Glacier. $39 per person; Call Kalispell Parks and Rec, 758-7717.
• Fundraiser for Marcelle “Soup” Wood who is battling pancreatic cancer, and family, SunRift Beer Company, 55 First Ave. WN, Kalispell. Live music noon to 8:30 p.m. Silent auction, raffle, games. To donate items, call Arin Lever at 406-890-9767.
• Whitefish Woody Weekend, Lodge at Whitefish Lake. Public invited to tour classic, antique wooden boats at docks; Tim Salt, 862-5085.
• Flathead Southerners Catfish Fry & Gatherin’, Vista Linda Pavilion, 240 Boon Road, Somers. Social 4:30 p.m.; all-you-can-eat Southern buffet 5:30 p.m. Adults, $22; children under 13, $1 per year. Raffle, silent auction benefit A Ray of Home and Peggy’s House. Reservations requested by June 28; call Vista Linda, 857-3158.
“The main dangers in this life are the people who want to change everything — or nothing.” — Viscountess Nancy Astor, American-born British politician (1879-1964).
A LOOK AHEAD
• Friendship Force meets for breakfast 9 a.m. July 3, Sykes Restaurant, Kalispell. Learn about unique travel experiences and opportunities. Call Priscilla, 756-9332.
• Wings of Freedom Tour, 2-5 p.m. July 3, 9:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. July 4, 9:30 a.m. to noon July 5, Glacier Park Inter national Airport at Semitool hanger, Gate 7.Famous World War II bomber and fighter aircraft displayed. Walk-in tours $15 for adults and $5 for children, 12 and younger. Flights available. Proceeds benefit nonprofit Collings Foundation.
• USMC Happy Hour for Marines and Navy who served with Marines, 5-7 p.m. July 3, Kalispell VFW, 330 First Ave. W. Cash bar. Spouses welcome. Call 406-249-2448.
• Red, White & Blue Day, noon to 4 p.m. July 4, Woodland Water Park, Kalispell. $3 per person. Free hot dogs while they last.
• Kalispell Chapter of John Birch Society presents a program by author Alex Newman titled, “Rescuing Our Children,” regarding faith, family and schools, 5:30-7:30 p.m., Sykes, Kalispell. Free. Open to public.
• ImagineIF Libraries director Connie Behe hosts an open dialogue on free speech, 6-7 p.m. July 6, ImagineIF Library, Columbia Falls. Public invited.
• ImagineIF Libraries director Connie Behe hosts an open dialogue on free speech, 6-7 p.m. July 10, ImagineIF Library, Bigfork. Public invited.
• Kalispell Public Schools Finance and Operations Committee meets 7 a.m. July 12, district office basement meeting room.
• Lakeside Community Fair July 13. Pancake breakfast 7 a.m., Lakeside Community Chapel. Silent auction and Attic Treasures open 9 a.m. Parade 11 a.m. Live auction 1 p.m. Kids’ zone. Duck races 4 p.m. Tamarack Brewing Co.
• Valor Equine Therapy Service Herd 2 Human Program demonstration 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. July 13, 290 Ramsfield Road, Bigfork. Therapy is used for veterans suffering from PTSD and program could be brought to Flathead Valley. Children welcome; no dogs. Free admission; donations welcome. RSVP to Muffin Vallely, 406-890-4201.
• Kalispell Women’s Connection buffet lunch, 11:30 a.m. July 16, meeting room of Victory Baptist Church, 1830 Montana 35. Featuring Cinnamon Davis-Hall with NW Montana Veterans Food Pantry. Speaker is Robbin Bouslog. Cost $9 per person. Call Jan, 212-3763, or Rosainne, 257-8098 for lunch and free child care reservations. Affiliated with Stonecroft Ministries.
• Kalispell Public Schools district board meets 6 p.m. July 16, Kalispell Middle School Library.
• Glacier Symphony and Conrad Mansion Summer Garden Party, 5 p.m. July 18, in and on lawn of Conrad Mansion, Kalispell. Food and drink. Black tie. Tickets $150. Call 755-2166.
• Free storytime for children ages 0-5, 10:30-11:30 a.m. July 19, Woodland Water Park, Kalispell.
• AARP Driver Safety Course, 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. July 20, The Summit, Kalispell. $20 fee ($15 for AARP card-holding members.) Call 751-4500.
• Bike to the Beach, July 20. Meet at 11 a.m. at Great Northern Rails to Trail Meridian Road trailhead in Kalispell. Join bike parade and scavenger hunt to Somers Beach for games, awards, prizes. Option to pick up parade at Spoke and Paddle in Somers.
• Movie on the Lawn featuring “The Greatest Showman, 9:30 p.m. July 20, Marantette Park, Columbia Falls. Bring chairs or blankets. Concessions.
• Medicare 101 class, 1-3 p.m. July 23, Flathead County South Campus, 40 11th St. W., Kalispell. Representatives guide through health insurance basics. Cost is $10. Call 758-5730.
• Whitefish High School second All Class Reunion, 4-10 p.m. July 26-28, Depot Park in Whitefish. Register at https://whitefishhighschoolreunion.com/or contact Rebecca at 406-249-7526.
• AARP Driver Safety Course, 8:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. July 29, Libby Christian Church. $20 fee ($15 for AARP card-holding members.) Call 751-4500.
• Montana Shakespeare in the Parks presents “Henry IV Part I,” 6 p.m. July 31, Woodland Park events field, Kalispell. Free.
• Great Bear Festival, Aug. 3, Depot Park, Kalispell. Local and regional beers, wines, hard ciders. Food vendors, live music.
• Lakeside QRU board meets 7 p.m. Aug. 21, Lakeside Community Room. Call Lois Lauman, 253-2841.
• Medicare 101 class, 1-3 p.m. Aug. 27, Flathead County South Campus, 40 11th St. W., Kalispell. Representatives guide through health insurance basics. Cost is $10. Call 758-5730.
• Dragonboat Races, Sept. 7-8, Flathead Lake State Park-Wayfarers Unit, Bigfork.
• Lakeside QRU board meets 7 p.m. Sept. 18, Lakeside Community Room. Call Lois Lauman, 253-2841.
• Flathead Quilt Show, “A Wee Bit Wooly, 9:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Sept. 20, 9:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. Sept. 21, Flathead County Fairgrounds Expo Building, Kalispell. Presentations, vendors, food, raffle.
• Medicare 101 class, 1-3 p.m. Sept. 24, Flathead County South Campus, 40 11th St. W., Kalispell. Representatives guide through health insurance basics. Cost is $10. Call 758-5730.• Lakeside QRU board meets 7 p.m. Oct. 16, Lakeside Community Room. Call Lois Lauman, 253-2841.
• Medicare 101 class, 1-3 p.m. Oct. 22, Flathead County South Campus, 40 11th St. W., Kalispell. Representatives guide through health insurance basics. Cost is $10. Call 758-5730.
• Lakeside QRU board meets 7 p.m. Nov. 20, Lakeside Community Room. Call Lois Lauman, 253-2841.
• Medicare 101 class, 1-3 p.m. Nov. 26, Flathead County South Campus, 40 11th St. W., Kalispell. Representatives guide through health insurance basics. Cost is $10. Call 758-5730.
• Medicare 101 class, 1-3 p.m. Dec. 17, Flathead County South Campus, 40 11th St. W., Kalispell. Representatives guide through health insurance basics. Cost is $10. Call 758-5730.