W?ith just days left in 2017, Flathead Valley bars, eateries and resorts are gearing up to ring in 2018 with a bang. From extreme sports to Hollywood DJs, local venues are kicking it into high gear for the last big hurrah of the year.
Kalispell watering holes, such as Scotty’s Bar and the Scoreboard, are bringing in live music, while the Red Lion Hotel is offering a classy affair with their sixth annual Upscale Hoedown featuring a lobster and prime rib dinner, music and dancing for $129 per person for double occupancy and $75 sans accommodations.
Whitefish really comes alive on New Year’s Eve with musical entertainment at nearly every late-night mainstay, including the Craggy Range, the Remington, Casey’s and the Great Northern Bar, among others.
Casey’s will wind out 2017 with a performance by LA-based artist, DJ Spryte, which will also feature confetti cannons and CO2 guns to give some added flair to his set.
Also taking place in Whitefish is the Whitefish Mountain Resort’s annual Rail Jam, where more than 50 skiers and boarders will hit a course packed with custom-built rails and boxes for an adrenaline-packed evening. The torchlight parade and fireworks will follow, along with music by the Sordid Seeds at Ed & Mully’s from 6:45-10 p.m. and more live tunes at the Bierstube from 9:30 p.m. to midnight.
In Columbia Falls, the Silver Bullet Bar and Casino invites patrons to don their best black and white ensembles for New Year’s night, while Bigfork’s Marina Cay Resort will host a masquerade-themed bash, kicking off with live music at 8 p.m.
For folks looking to get out of town for the holiday, a venture to Essex may be in order. The Izaak Walton Inn is celebrating the end of 2017 with a prime rib and lobster dinner, followed by a headlamp night ski and live music featuring David Walburn. The KwaTaqNuk Casino in Polson is putting its own spin on the holiday with an Elvis impersonator as their headline entertainment for the night.
Below is a list of New Year’s Eve events in the Flathead Valley:
• Silverado, Eagles Club, 8:30 p.m.
• Chain Reaction, Scotty’s Bar, 9:30 p.m.
• New Years Eve Party, The Scoreboard, 7 p.m.
• 6th annual Upscale Hoedown, Red Lion Hotel, 5 p.m. - 2 a.m. (email@example.com or 406-751-5058)
• Billy Angel and the Fresh Ink, The Boat Club, The Lodge at Whitefish Lake, 9 p.m.
• New Wave Time Trippers, Great Northern Bar and Grill, 9:30 p.m.
• The One in Olney Band with DJ JC, Remington Bar and Casino, 9 p.m.
• The Flip Wilsons, Craggy Range Bar and Grill, 10 p.m.
• DJ Spryte/New Year’s Eve Party, Casey’s, 8 p.m.
• New Year’s Eve Rail Jam, Whitefish Mountain Resort, 6:30 p.m. - 11:30 p.m.
• New Year’s Eve Black and White Bash, Silver Bullet Bar and Casino, 9 p.m. - 2 a.m., 1700 Highway 206
• New Year’s Eve Party, Del’s, 5 p.m.
• New Year’s Eve Masquerade Party, Marina Cay Resort, 7 p.m. (406- 837-5861)
• New Year’s Eve pre-party, Whistling Andy Distillery, 5-8 p.m.(406-837-2620)
• New Year’s Extravaganza, Izaak Walton Inn, 5 p.m. (406-888-5700)
• Rocking’ in the New Year, KwaTaqNuk Casino,9:30 p.m. (800-882-6363)