• The annual Whitefish Kiddie Carnival will be held from 10 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. Feb. 3 at Whitefish Middle School in the gym. There will be games, activities and prizes. The event is organized by the Whitefish High School Key Club, a division of the Kiwanis. For more information contact organizers Chad Ross at email@example.com or Damian Estrada at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Imagine IF will host a seed library and garden planning workshop from 10 a.m. to noon Feb. 3 at its Kalispell location in the meeting room. Robin Kelson of the Good Seed Co. will go over the steps to take now and through the winter for easily moving into and planting your Montana garden later in the year.
• The St. Matthew’s Catholic School Blue and Gold Annual Auction will be held from 5 to 11 p.m. Feb. 3 at Hilton Garden Inn in Kalispell. This year’s event will have a masquerade theme and will feature silent and live auctions. Call 752-6303 for tickets.
• Learn to skate at Woodland Ice Center with beginner lessons Feb. 6-15. Lessons are held from 3:50 to 4:15 p.m. or from 4:20 to 4:45 p.m. Tuesdays and Thursdays. Cost is $51 and includes skate rental. Participants must provide their own helmet. For more information call 758-7717.
• Glacier High School students interested in auditioning for the next all-school Wolfpack Theatre production of “Peter and the Starcatcher” may do so from 3:30 to 5:30pm Feb. 5-6. Audition materials are on the call board outside room E106.
• Bigfork class pictures for grades kindergarten through seventh will be taken Feb. 7.
• Fair-Mont-Egan will hold a Cupid’s Workshop from 3:30 to 5:30 p.m. Feb. 7 in the school cafeteria. There will be craft activities and a snack. Cost is $2 per students.
• Glacier High School students have the opportunity to take the American Mathematics Competition test on Feb. 8 in the high school conference room. Scores may potentially advance students to the next level of qualifying for the USA Mathematical Olympiad. There are 20 spots available for freshman and sophomores and 20 spots for juniors and seniors. Students are asked to talk to their math teacher to sign up. Students are asked to sign up by Feb. 7.
• West Valley School will hold a choir concert festival beginning at 2:30 p.m. on Feb. 9 and at 8 a.m. on Feb. 10.
• A Valentine’s dance will be held from 7 to 9 p.m. Feb. 10 at Linderman Education Center, 124 Third Ave. E, Kalispell and is hosted by Kalispell Parks and Recreation. Cost is $5 per person and $15 for a family of four. There will be a DJ, refreshments and door prizes. For more information call Celeste Palmer at 758-7848.
• The Bigfork Elementary and Middle School science fair will be from 9 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. Feb. 15 in the middle school gym. Community members interested in judging this event may contact Michelle Kaney at email@example.com
• The Annual Montana Council of Teachers of Mathematics Northwest Regional math competition will be held March 15 at Flathead Valley Community College. The competition is open to seventh through 12th graders. Interested students should contact his or her respective school to find out of the school is participating and to sign up. For more information about MCTM visit https://www.montanamath.org.
• Fair-Mont-Egan students will have an early release at 1:30 p.m. Feb. 16.
• The Fair-Mont-Egan pie auction and talent show is set for Feb. 16. The seventh and eighth graders are slated to perform “The Lion King.” A spaghetti dinner will also be served. Proceeds benefit the eighth-grade history trip.
• Feb. 16 is the deadline to register for Little Dribblers basketball through Kalispell Parks and Recreation. This program is geared to children kindergarten through second grade and will be an introduction to the basics. The program will be held on Saturdays, March 10 through April 14 at Russell Elementary. Cost is $37. For more information call 758-7848.
• School will be in session Feb. 19 for Bigfork School District students. It is a make-up day for the school closures in September that were due to cyber threats.
• Columbia Falls, Creston, Fair-Mont-Egan, Kalispell, Kila, Olney-Bissell, Swan River and West Valley school districts have no school on Feb. 19. It is President’s Day.
To submit items for the school calendar, contact reporter Hilary Matheson at 758-4431, by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by fax at 758-4481.