• Somers School District board special meeting to canvass bond election tally sheets, 8 a.m.
• Kalispell Public Schools IT Committee meets 8:30-9:30 a.m., district office, 233 First Ave. E.
• AARP Driver Safety Course, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., Mission Valley Senior Center, Ronan. $20 fee ($15 for AARP card-holding members.) Call 406-676-2371.
• Red Cross blood drive, 10:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m., Glacier Bank, Main Street, Kalispell.
• Glacier Kiwanis meet 11:30 a.m. Perkins Restaurant, Kalispell. Clinical exercise physiologist April Terry talks about concussion assessment for youth in sports.
• Flathead Special Education Cooperative Management board and Executive Council meets at noon, 15 Meridian Court, Kalispell. Call 257-1857.
• Whitefish Moose Lodge annual Over 60 party, 1-3 p.m. Thursday, Oct. 26, 230 W. 10th St. Anyone over the age of 60 invited. Costumes encouraged. Food, games, door prizes. Free. Call Nancy, 406-270-8440.
• Good Shepherd Lutheran Church annual Harvest Dinner, 4-6:30 p.m., 409 Fourth Ave. E., Polson. Swedish meatballs, potatoes, lefse, salad, dessert. Adults $10, children $5 (under 12). Take-out orders available for pick-up after 3 p.m. Call 883-5864. Proceeds benefit Polson Rural Fire District.
• Bigfork Land Use Advisory Committee meets 4 p.m. downstairs of Bethany Lutheran Church, 8559 Montana 35, Bigfork. Call Shelley Gonzales, 837-5346. Applicants for committee secretary may contact Susan Johnson, email@example.com
• Marion Fire District board meets at 5 p.m., Marion Community Center, 180 Gopher Lane. P
• Canyon Community Dinner, 5:30-6:30 p.m. Hungry Horse School. Menu includes hearty soups, apple dessert. All welcome. Call Flo, 250-3406; or Luann, 261-1083.
• Montana State University Honors College informational meeting, 6 p.m., Gateway Community Center, 1203 U.S. 2 W., Kalispell. Interested students and parents invited to meet dean Lise-Mari Lee. Call MSU Admissions at 888-MSU-CATS (678-2287).
• Kalispell Public Schools holds a community forum on elementary re-zoning, 6-7 p.m., Kalispell Middle School Library. Call Beth Kornick, 751-3434.
“Free Night at the Museum” 6:30 p.m., Miracle of America Museum, Polson. The 1955 film classic “Timberjack” that was filmed in Glacier Park, Polson, Bonner and Hog Heaven and takes place in the 1880s will be shown.
• Montana’s poet laureate and FVCC English professor Lowell Jaeger hosts “A Poetry Conversation,” 6:30 p.m., Arts and Technology Building, FVCC. Free. Public invited.
• Joe Coco presents a free seminar “Health Care Sharing Ministries: An Affordable Alternative to Traditional Health Insurance,” 7-8:30 p.m., Coco Enterprises Conference Center, 6438 U.S. 93 S., Whitefish. Free. RSVP to 862-9400.
• Special Olympics Montana 2017 Glacier Area Basketball Tournament opening ceremonies 8:50 a.m. Glacier High School. Games begin 9 a.m. Public invited. To volunteer call Terri Siefke, 885-2262.
• Red Cross blood drives: 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the center, 126 N. Meridian Road, Kalispell; 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Flathead City-County Health Center.
• Glacier Pachyderm Club meets noon to 1 p.m., Sykes’, 202 Second Ave. W., Kalispell. Deputy County Attorney Travis Ahner will discuss drug courts; www.gcpachy.org
• West Shore community dinner, 5-6:30 p.m., The Gathering Place, 238 Adams St. Lakeside(behind Lakeside Chapel). Free. Families welcome.
• Lone Pine State Park hosts a Creatures of the Night celebration, 6-8 p.m., in the Visitor Center. Games, prizes, candy. Make a nocturnal animal mask. Play nocturnal animal trivia at 6:30 p.m. Cost $4. Call 755-2706.
• FVCC Fall Faculty Concert Series presents Micah Hunter, Amy Beth Chisholm, Wai Mizutani and Nichole Sanford, 7 p.m., Arts and Technology Building. Free. Public welcome. Call 756-4813.
Silent auction fundraiser of art, 7-8:30 p.m., Community Room of the Whitefish Community Library. Complimentary refreshments.
• Columbia Falls Women’s Connection fall fundraiser, 9 a.m. to 2 p.m., North Valley Hospital Community Room, Nucleus Avenue, Columbia Falls. Artists, homemade baked goods, jams and jellies. Silent auction. Soup, bread and pie luncheon by donation. Affiliated with Stonecroft Ministries.
“The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights, cannot claim to be defenders of minorities.” — Ayn Rand, American author (1905-1982).
• Polson Police Department DEA Drug Take Back event, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., Walgreen’s, 40770 Montana 35, Polson. Bring in unused/expired medications for safe, free disposal.
• Whitefish Theatre Co. annual Boo Run, 10 a.m. O’Shaughnessy Center, Whitefish. 5K run/walk. Prizes for best costumes. Post-race food and party. Register by calling 862-5341. Race day registration, 8:45-9:45 a.m. Cost $20 adults; $12 for children 12 and under; $50 per family of four or more.
• KittyMOM’s rescued kitten and cat adoption event, 11 a.m. to 3 p.m., Petco, Kalispell. All kittens are spayed/neutered, vaccinated and litter-box trained. $55 adoption fee. Bring your own carrier. Call Darcy, 752-4460.
• Elks Lodge hosts a children’s pumpkin carving event, 1-3 p.m., 1820 U.S. 93 S., Kalispell. Pumpkins provided or bring your own. Parents should plan to attend. Treats, cider, cake and cookies. All welcome.
• Reformation 500-year anniversary festival, 1-4 p.m., Bethlehem Lutheran Church parking lot, 603 S. Main St., Kalispell. Food, games, crafts, photo booth with the Luthers, Bavarian Echo band, raffle, face painting and more. All welcome. Call Paul Gregory, 885-6895; Ingrid Roeder, 407-4371
• Annual Democrats Harvest Dinner, Grouse Mountain Lodge, Whitefish. Guest of honor is Sen. Jon Tester. Social hour, cash bar 5:30 p.m. Dinner is included. Live music by The Stringlers. Silent auction, split the pot raffle, wine and beer vaults. Tickets $55. Call Terri, 406-730-2741.
• Bethany Lutheran Church in Bigfork presents a screening of the film, “Martin Luther: The Idea That Changed the World,” 6:30 p.m. Free admission. Public invited.
• Annual Bowl for Kids’ Sake fundraiser for Big Brothers Big Sisters, Pick’s Bowling Center, Bigfork. Theme is “Super Heroes.” Costume contests. To sign up, call 752-0092 or visit www.bbbsfc.org.
• Whitefish Community Center “Lunch and Movie Magic” Oct. 30, 121 E. Second St., Kalispell. Swiss steak and brown rice served 11:30 a.m. “Mrs. Doubtfire” begins at 12:30 p.m. Reservations needed. Call Kathy or Kim, 862-4923.
• Red Cross blood drive, 2-6 p.m. at the center, 126 N. Meridian Road, Kalispell.
• Alateen support program for teens affected by drinking or drug use by a friend or family member meets every Monday at 7 p.m., Alano Club, 153 N. Meridian Road, Kalispell. Call Carol, 406-270-6006.
• Red Cross blood drives: 10 a.m. to 3:15 p.m. Flathead Electric; 11 a.m. to 3:15 p.m. Immanuel Lutheran Communities.
• Nurturing Center Halloween party, 3-5 p.m., 146 Third Ave. W., Kalispell. Trick or treating, photos, ice cream and more. Staff on hand to provide information.
• Alateen support program for teens affected by drinking or drug use by a friend or family member meets every Tuesday at 3:20 p.m., Glacier High School art room, Kalispell. Call Carol, 406-270-6006.
• Bigfork Rotary Foundation and Bigfork Ladies Service Club Halloween soup supper fundraiser, Bigfork Middle School Cafeteria. Soup, bread, dessert and drink $5 per person; kids under 5, eat free.
• Flathead Valley Community College Veterans’ Association Trunk or Treat, 4:30- 7:30 p.m., west facing parking lot. Free. Open to the public,
• Family Life Christian Church annual Harvest Festival, 5:30-8 p.m., 1075 Foys Lake Road, Kalispell. Games, candy, bounce house, face painting and drawings. Free. Public invited. Call 257-9315.
• Montana Veterans Home annual trick or treat for children, 6-7 p.m. Residents will hand out candy. No early birds.
• Lakeside Community Council meets 7 p.m., QRU Building, 201 Bills Road, Lakeside. Open to public.
• Friendship Force of the Flathead Valley meets 9 a.m. for breakfast, at Sykes Restaurant in Kalispell. All interested in travel welcome. Call Carol, 270-9599.
• Free workshop for students and families applying for FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid), 3-7 p.m., Lincoln County campus of FVCC. No appointment needed. Call Deb Huisentruit at 406-293-2721.
A look ahead
• AARP Driver Safety Course, 10 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. Nov. 2, Eureka High School. $20 fee ($15 for AARP card-holding members.) Call 406-293-6344.
• Fundraiser for Community Action Partnership of Northwest Montana, 11 a.m. to 9 p.m. Nov. 2, Panda Express, Kalispell. Twenty percent of sales donated to local homeless prevention efforts.
• Glacier Kiwanis Club meets 11:30 a.m. to 12:15 p.m. Nov. 2, Perkins Restaurant, Kalispell. Guest speaker is Dr. Nicholas Costrini, program director of KRMC’S Digestive Health Institute of Montana. Public welcome.
• Anime Club for teens in grades six to 12 meets 4-5:30 p.m. Nov. 2, ImagineIF Library, Kalispell.
• Trinity Lutheran Church Thimble Club bazaar, 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Nov. 3, 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Nov. 4, 400 W. California St., Kalispell. Handmade gifts, placemats, runners, decorations, tea towels and more. International baked goods. Silent auction. Soup lunch 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. Friday.
• Immanuel Lutheran Communities annual holiday bazaar, 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Nov. 3, Immanuel Skilled Care Center, 185 Crestline Ave., Kalispell. Handmade crafts, jams, jellies, books, jewelry, gifts. Lefse, cinnamon rolls and coffee.
• Annual Ski Swap and sale Consignment Day, 1-7 pm. Nov. 3, The Wave, Whitefish. Bring in good used sporting equipment and clothing. Sale opens 8:30 a.m. for Big Mountain Ski Club members and 9 a.m. fro nonmembers Nov. 4. Pick up unsold items from 3-5 p.m. Call Sue Moll, 862-6635.
• Voices of the Wilderness fundraising event, 5:30 p.m. Nov. 3, The Lodge at Whitefish Lake. Silent auction, wine grab, baked potato bar. Keynote speakers. Live music. Tickets $15 at door or online, www.bmwf.org/events.
• Canvas Empty Nesters Sock Hop, 7-10 p.m. Nov. 3, The Armory, corner of Second Street and Meridian Road, Kalispell. Music from the ‘50 and ’60s. Snacks. ‘50s attire encouraged. $5 at door. Everyone welcome. Sign up at canvaschurch.com/activity.
FVCC humanities professor Amy Pearson reads from her book “100 Days of Solitude,” 7 p.m. Nov. 3, Arts and Technology Building, FVCC. Theater students perform scenes from book. Admission $5; free for FVCC students.
• Central Christian Church annual basement bazaar and bake sale, 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Nov. 4, corner of Second Ave. East and Third Street E., Kalispell. Proceeds to local charities. Upstairs, vendors sell homemade crafts. Coffee available.
• Love INC. Holiday Craft Fair, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Nov. 4, North Valley Community Room, 235 Nucleus Ave., Columbia Falls. Hand-crafted arts and foods for sale. Free admission. Light lunch available to purchase.
• Yellow Bay Community Club pancake breakfast, 9 a.m. to noon Nov. 4, at the clubhouse, mile marker 18, Montana 35. Eggs, ham, sausage also served. Cost $5 adults; $3 children ages 8 and under.
• Epworth United Methodist Women annual holiday bazaar 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Nov. 4, at the church, corner of Second Avenue East and Third Street, Kalispell. Twenty local artisans. Silent auction. Sweet rolls and coffee 9-10:30 a.m.; Soup lunch 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Proceeds benefit mission projects.
• Marion Fire Auxiliary holiday craft show, 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Nov. 4, Marion Fire Station, 180 Gopher Lane. Vendors, food. Call Lily, 854-2080 or 261-7028.
• Sons of Norway meet 1 p.m. Nov. 4, upstairs at Museum at Central School, 124 2nd Ave. E., Kalispell. Call 253-1702.
• Somers-Lakeside annual harvest dinner, 4-8 p.m. Nov. 4, Somers Fire Hall, 27 Lesley Ave., Somers. Traditional Thanksgiving dinner. Adults $13; children 4-10, $7; under 5, free.
• Ferndale Sewing Circle pie and bingo event, 7 p.m. Nov. 4, Ferndal Community Center, South Ferndale Drive across from Ferndale Fire Hall on Montana 209. Proceed go toward community projects. Call 837-7278.
• AARP Driver Safety Course, 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Nov. 6, Gateway Community Center, Kalispell. $20 fee ($15 for AARP card-holding members.) Call 752-7266.
• Suicide Support Group, Surviving Our Loss after Suicide, (SOLAS) meets 7-8:30 p.m. Nov. 7, The Summit, Kalispell. Call Joan Schmidt, 871-1008.
• Climate Smart Glacier County four-part educational series presents “Fire on the Mountain,” multi-media program on hunting, climate change and snow, 7 p.m. Nov. 8, O’Shaughnessy Center, Whitefish. Free. Open to public.
• Flathead Valley Community Bankd presents its Celebrating Home concert, 7:30 p.m. Nov. 8, Flathead High School auditorium, Kalispell. All welcome. Free will donation.
• Cowboy Up Country Cookin’ food truck serves free chicken fried steak to all veterans, noon to 7 p.m. Nov. 11, 651 Somers Road, Somers. Outside seating only. Must prove veteran status.
• Bethany Lutheran Church annual lutefisk dinner, 2-7 p.m. Nov.11, 8559 Montana 35, Bigfork. Alakan lutefisk, Swedish meatballs, ham, lefse, sidedishes, Scandanavian cookies. Adults $18; children under 10, $7. Portion of proceeds benefit Veterans Food Pantry and Bigfork Food Bank.
• Annual Kick-n-Glide party, 6 p.m. Nov. 11, The Rack Shack, Somers. Cash bar. Ski package raffle. Silent auction. Adults $15; kids $10, at the door. Benefit for North Shore Nordic Club. Call 270-3184.
• Flathead Marines Marine Corps Ball Nov. 11, Hilton Garden Inn, Kalispell. Social hour 4:30 p.m. Ceremony 5:30p.m. Music by Roy Wilhelm and the Ashley Creek Ramblers. Tickets $45, must be purchased by Nov. 3. Call 249-2448
• AARP Driver Safety Courses Nov. 13: 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Nov. 13, St. John Paul Catholic Church, Bigfork. Call 837-4846; 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Troy United Methodist Church. Call 751-4500. $20 fee ($15 for AARP card-holding members.)
• Free workshop for students and families applying for FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid), noon to 6 p.m. Nov. 13, room 134 Business & Social Science building. No appointment needed. Call Lauren Krigbaum at 756-3849.
• West Valley School board meets 5 p.m. Nov. 13.
• Flathead Conservation District 310 Stream Permit meeting 7 p.m. Nov. 13, 133 Interstate Lane, in Evergreen. Call 752-4220.
• Lake County Democrats meets 6:30 p.m. Nov. 14, Lake County Library Polson. Greg McCormick with the Flathead Lakers shows the film “Oil and Water Don’t Mix” on the hazards of rail transport of Bakken oil along Flathead Rivers. Call Craig McClure, 406-599-4087.
• AARP Driver Safety Course, 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Nov. 16, Bigfork Senior Center. $20 fee ($15 for AARP card-holding members.) Call 837-4157.
• Flathead Special Education Cooperative Executive Council meets at noon Nov. 16, 15 Meridian Court, Kalispell. Call 257-1857.
• Teen social for grades 6-12, 4-5:30 p.m. Nov. 16, ImagineIF Library, Kalispell. Food, Wii gaming. Craft is Rice Krispie treats. Free.
• Climate Smart Glacier County four-part educational series presents a forum on “Envisioning Montana’s Clean Energy Economy,” 7 p.m. Nov. 16, Cedar Creek Lodge, Columbia Falls. Free. Open to public.
• Immanuel Lutheran Communities hosts a wellness presentation geared for seniors, “ Managing Stress through the Holidays” 2-3:30 p.m. Nov. 17, Buffalo Hill Terrace, 40 Claremont St., Kalispell. Free. Call 752-9624.
• AARP Driver Safety Course, 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Nov. 18, The Summit, Kalispell. $20 fee ($15 for AARP card-holding members.) Call 751-4500.
• AARP Driver Safety Course, 8:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Nov. 20, Libby Christian Church. $20 fee ($15 for AARP card-holding members.) Call 406-283-7000.
• Flathead Conservation District business meeting, 7 p.m. Nov. 27, 133 Interstate Lane, Kalispell, 752-4220.
• Suicide Support Group, Surviving Our Loss after Suicide, (SOLAS) meets 7-8:30 p.m. Dec. 5, The Summit, Kalispell. Call Joan Schmidt, 871-1008.
• West Valley School board meets 5 p.m. Dec. 11
• Immanuel Lutheran Communities hosts a wellness presentation geared for seniors, “Festive Holiday Crafting” 2-3:30 p.m. Dec. 15, Buffalo Hill Terrace, 40 Claremont St., Kalispell. Free. Call 752-9624.
• Flathead Special Education Cooperative Executive Council meets 9 a.m. Dec. 21, 15 Meridian Court, Kalispell. Call 257-1857.
• West Valley School board meets 5 p.m. Jan. 8
• Flathead Special Education Cooperative Management board and Executive Council meets at noon Jan. 18, 15 Meridian Court, Kalispell. Call 257-1857.
• West Valley School board meets 5 p.m. Feb. 12.
• Flathead Special Education Cooperative Executive Council meets at noon. Feb. 15, 15 Meridian Court, Kalispell. Call 257-1857.
• West Valley School board meets 5 p.m. March 12.
• Flathead Special Education Cooperative Executive Council meets at noon March 15, 15 Meridian Court, Kalispell. Call 257-1857.
• West Valley School board meets 5 p.m. April 9.
• Flathead Special Education Cooperative Management board and Executive Council meets at noon April 19, 15 Meridian Court, Kalispell. Call 257-1857.
• West Valley School board meets 5 p.m. May 14
• Flathead Special Education Cooperative Executive Council meets at noon May 17, 15 Meridian Court, Kalispell. Call 257-1857.
• West Valley School board meets 5 p.m. June 11.
• Flathead Special Education Cooperative Executive Council meets at 9 a.m. June 14, 15 Meridian Court, Kalispell. Call 257-1857.