The Kalispell chapter of the Montana Satsang Society will host a spiritual service entitled “Experiences with the Light & Sound of God” on Sunday, September 3.
The service will take place from 11 a.m. to noon at the Holiday Inn Express meeting room in Kalispell and is open and free for the public.
An affiliate of Eckankar, the Montana Satsang Society will be discussing the topic of “Seeing Through Illusion and Social Consciousness.”
For contact information, call 253-1954.
n The Nightcap for the Soul music series opens Sept. 10 for its 2017/2018 season at Christ Church Episcopal in Kalispell.
The series consists of chant, readings and a cappella vocal music by the Kalispell Comp Line Choir.
The program is intended for all people, regardless of religious or spiritual preference.
The first free concert on Sept. 10 will begin at 9 p.m. at 215 3rd Ave. E. and will repeat every second Sunday of the month from September through May.
For information, contact Director Craig Hodges at email@example.com.
n The Bethlehem Lutheran Church in Kalispell, in collaboration with other Evangelical Lutheran Churches in America churches around Flathead County, will host a Day of Service Sept. 10.
Participants will take part in any one of a number of planned projects around the city in lieu of Bethlehem Lutheran’s normal Sunday morning church service.
Planned projects include the following:
• Painting and lunch preparation at the Samaritan House.
• Clean up and maintenance at Ray of Hope Shelter and Resource Center.
• Conversation and a meal with residents at Immanuel Communities.
• Various projects, including painting, book sorting and office filing, at Gateway Community Center.
• Painting at the Nurturing Center.
• Cleaning and organizing the Habitat Re-Store.
For those unable to attend on-site projects or engage in strenuous work, the following projects are available at Bethlehem Lutheran:
• Making greeting cards for the homeless and needy.
• Making simple blankets for children and babies.
• Assembling personal care kits.
Projects will take place throughout the day, and no specific time has been set.
For information, contact Scott Thompson at 406-752-6140.
n Eidsvold Lutheran Church in Somers will host a Grief Share Program each Sunday beginning Sept. 10.
The program is intended for those who have experienced the loss of a loved one and will feature a DVD seminar with insights from Christian experts.
The program will take place from 1 p.m.-3 p.m. every Sunday through Dec.3 at 5935 U.S. 93 South between Somers and Lakeside.
To register or for more information, call 406-250-5035 or 406-844-2099.
n Whitefish Assembly’s Fall Family Night will begin Wednesday, September 13.
Programs will be offered for boys, girls and youth, and Bible studies will be held for men and women.
Dinner will be served at 5:30 p.m. with classes from 6:30 p.m.-8 p.m.
Dinner is $3 per person or $10 per family.
Childcare is provided.
For more information, call 406-862-4039 or visit www.whiefishaog.com.
n Widow’s Hope of Northwest Montana invites widows across the community to take part in a “Widow’s Journey” study beginning Sept. 18.
The study is meant to provide encouragement for widows over a 13-week course held on Mondays from 1 p.m.-3 p.m.
The first informational meeting will take place at the First Presbyterian Church of Kalispell on Sept. 18.
For information or registration, call Barbara Moore at 406-420-2137.
n An interdenominational Bible Study Fellowship class will begin Sept. 11 and 12.
The class is set up for people of all ages and backgrounds and will take place at different church campuses around Kalispell depending on the type and time of the class.
Each class will delve into the book of Romans for an in depth study and discussion.
The day women’s class includes a pre-school program for infants and children up to age six.
The evening men’s and women’s classes both offer programs for school-age children.
Parents are asked not to bring children to the Welcome Classes until they can be registered and placed in a class.
The Welcome Classes will be offered at the following times:
• Day Women’s Class - 9:10 a.m., Tuesday, September 12 and 19 at Canvas Church, Kalispell. Contact Salena Adams at 253-2684.
• Evening Women’s Class- 6:40 p.m., Monday, September 11 and 18 at First Presbyterian Church, Kalispell. Contact Leslie Luikens at 261-3540.
• Evening Men’s Class - 6:40 p.m., Monday, September 11 and 18 at Central Bible Church, Kalispell. Contact Derrick Woodward at 960-4585.
Women’s satellite discussion groups are available in Bigfork, Polson and Hot Springs.
• Bigfork- Thursdays 9 a.m. at Crossroads Christian Fellowship. Contact Day Women’s.
• Polson-Thursdays 6 p.m. at New Life Church. Contact Evening Women’s.
• Hot Springs-Tuesdays 6:15 p.m. at Hot Springs Bible Church. Contact Evening Women’s.
For further information, call the contact person listed above or visit www.bsfinternational.org.